Embroidered Bodice Mash Up
Hi there, my name is Victoria, and I’m back on the blog today to show you how easy it is to feature an embroidery design on even the simplest SLPco dress bodice!
For this dress, I added a faux waistband to Molly’s front bodice, and attached a sash at the side seams. Then I used Kinley’s cascading flounce skirt and the widest bodice width so I could gather it as well. For the sash, I used two 12″ x 30″ strips, angled one end of each, and gathered the other ends to fit the faux waistband at the side seams leaving enough seam allowance at the bottom of the bodice for attaching the skirt.
My embroidery machine is a Brother NS1750D. It’s the Disney version and has a small 4×4″ hoop. I find this size perfect for embroidering small dress bodices and bonnets. My favourite things to make! For this design, I downloaded a Magnolia Sky font, and pieced together the word “Merry”. A word that perfectly describes my big girl. The branch was a design that came with my machine, and I picked colours to match my fabric choice.