Lorelei Sew Along Day 2
Welcome back! It’s Day Two of the Lorelei sew along, and with all the prep work finished we finally get to the FUN part…assembly!
Goals for Day 2:
1. Assemble Main Fabric pieces.
I love this pattern, because the tutorial is super easy to follow. In other words, I don’t have much to add except a few tips …
- I have the best success using a zig-zag stitch on swim fabric. I use this stitch for assembly and topstitching. I am definitely a twin-needle kind of girl, except on swimwear. 🙂
- I much prefer clips to pins with swimwear; clips don’t snag or leave holes in the fabric, and they are quick and easy so you can use more of them to keep your slippery swim fabric from shifting while sewing.
- Lastly, if you are doing the flutter, you MUST try using the gathering technique the pattern suggests: Turn tension to the highest tension and stitch length to the longest stitch.
Oh MY goodness!?!? Look at these results! I did not even have to adjust my piece at all – it was perfectly, consistently gathered to the exact length I needed!
Assemble your main fabric pieces per tutorial directions.
2. Assemble Lining.
Assemble lining pieces per tutorial instructions.
Be sure to baste your main fabric to your lining; this keeps everything lined up when attaching the elastic on Day 3!
(There may or may not be a small giveaway for participation 😉 )
And that’s a wrap for Day Two! Thanks for sewing along!
A few extra SAL details:
- There will be a daily post on the SLPCo FB Fan page with a link to the blog post which will have the goals for the day and any helpful tips, etc. We would love to see your progress images, so be sure to post YOUR progress pics in the daily photo ALBUM (Day 1, Day 2, Day 3)! Also feel free to leave a little love, ask any questions, or encourage someone who is sewing along!
- The SAL posts will be three days (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday), but there will be two days for catch-up and final submission photo. 🙂
- Final submission images (flat lays are fine) are due end of day Tuesday, March 20, 2018, in the Day 3 sew along photo album. Want an extra opportunity to enter? Post to Instagram with a fun hashtag (#SLPcoLorlei, #LoreleiSAL, etc.), take a screen shot, then add to the Day 3 sew along photo album for one extra entry.
- Two winners will be randomly chosen. Prizes include: Fabric bundle or $30 Fabric Fairy store credit and $50 SLPCo store credit.
- Have fun! We can’t wait to see all your cute suits!